“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit: This is Good and Pleases God our Savior...

Ugh! Do you ever push "Publish Post" when you didn't mean to? You remove the post, but for some... it is too late. Bloglines for example will pick up your post and hold it until it is read by the subscriber.

Okay, just did that! I wrote a post... and then I thought... "this post will surely bring misunderstanding, so I'll remove it... and just let God's word speak for itself." But I know that some of you will read it... and I want you to feel free to touch base with me. Who knows... if there will come a time that I will publish it... but for now... here is the TRUTH...


1
I urge you, first of all,
to pray for all people.
Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf,
and give thanks for them.

2 Pray this way for kings and
all who are in authority


so that we can live peaceful and
quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior...
1 Timothy 2:1-3 NIV


13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake
to every authority instituted among men
:

whether to the king, as the supreme authority,
14
or to governors, who are sent by him
to punish those who do wrong
and to commend those who do right.
1 Peter 2:13-14


1 Everyone must submit to governing authorities.
For all authority comes from God, and

those in positions of authority
have been placed there by God.


2
So anyone who rebels against authority
is rebelling against what God has instituted,
and they will be punished.
Romans 13:1-2 NLT


21 He controls the course of world events;
he removes kings and sets up other kings.


He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the scholars.
Daniel 2:21 NLT


2 comments:

Tammy said...

I like truth. Very good read today. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for thinking of me...I needed thta today. As for the tea I got it Portsmouth Tea Company. There is a link on my blog and I discovered another tea place today that has some heavenly teas...like Chocolate Creme for one...

blessings my dear friend for sharing your heart.

a portland granny said...

Thanks for all of those verses--I have been in a complete grip of fear of what's to come. It has rendered me helpless spiritually. I know those verses and I say that all is in God's hands and He allows it, but I don't seem to grasp it. Your post was excellent and a reminder that God is.....in everything. I can guess what the post is that you didn't post. I had one like that, I think, and decided against it.

Thanks for reminding us Who is in control. I know whatever comes, it may be God's way of setting up the last days...I just don't know, but I hope I will be brave!

Its time to do a lunch! I need a young person's perspective, I think.