“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trying to Keep Out of Trouble!

Soon, my Tuesday Bible Study will draw to an end. In three short weeks. Our next study will begin early January. That leaves me seven weeks to keep out of trouble!

I've been trying to decide on a Bible Study that I could use during that time. I was just about to purchase an on-line series of Experiencing God when I felt prompted (by a recent event... which I will gladly post about at a later time) to research Bible Studies on women's friendships.

These were the two I found to be the most appealing.

I'd be interested in any feedback if you are familiar with these studies. Or if you are interested in working on a study with me.

My first choice is A Woman of Healthy Relationships. It is by Dee Brestin, the same author who wrote The Friendships of Women that I reviewed almost a year ago. (Okay, I didn't finish my review yet, but I feel strongly that I will one day!) It has a five day format which tends to help me keep on track. It has nine weeks of study which I would condense to fit my time constraints.


A Woman of Healthy Relationships


My second choice is Celebrating Friendship by Judith Couchman. It is part of a Women of Faith Series. It consists of six studies. It is very conversational in its style.


Celebrating Friendship

I'd appreciate your input!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

well I think either could be good...but the idea of conversation is appealing....like friends do. I would do a bible study with you...I am way off track..but working my way back.

blessings my friend

BP said...

I am not familiar with either. I will look forward to your posts about whichever you choose though. I've enjoyed everything from the Fruit of the Spirit one.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I know nothing about either one, but like you, I keep going with a study, even when I'm not in session with my group. Let me know which you choose and how it goes. I'm always in the market for a good study.

peace~elaine