“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Finish Line

Therefore, since we are surrounded
by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1 NIV

Congratulations, Anthony! It's unheard of for anyone to have a personal best time at the New York Marathon... but you did it! It's been a long road... you ran the race... you persevered... and you crossed the finish line. Way to go!



And waiting for you at the finish line... were a crowd of witnesses. Including your beloved parents and brother, Tim. I am so glad they were able to see you around mile 17, too. To give you encouragement... something to drink... and you were on your way... on the race marked out for you.

Which is something for all of us to consider. We are running a race. Right now, we can't see the finish line, but it is there. And so we persevere. And we cheer each other on. And we help each other... with a cup of cold water. And when we can't find the way... we turn to God's Word for discernment on the race marked out for us.

Run Sister Run!!!

See you at the finish line!

6 comments:

beloved Mama said...

That is so cool!

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Yay for him!!! What an accomplishment!!

gideonmommasita said...

Speaking of finishing...I have finished SisterChiks on the Loose and have started the Ooh La La one and am thoroughly enjoying them...thanks for the reccomendation!

BP said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I have an award for you.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Thank you for meeting me along the way, giving me a cool drink from time to time. It's good to have some sisters in cyberland.

peace~elaine

Ms.Daisy said...

What an inspirational post, Sheri! It gave me such a pick-me-up feeling which I am needing right now. Thanks!


~jean