“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The ING New York City Marathon 2008

Anthony finishing the JFK 50 in 2006 (Yes, 50 Miles!)

My heart is beating so fast that I think I will be sick! I'm tracking Anthony via Internet and cell phone while he begins The ING New York City Marathon this morning.

His parents and brother are there in New York to cheer him on... while Christopher and I wait "patiently" to get our text message that he has crossed the starting line (via timing chip technology).

Wow! Okay, he just crossed the 5k mark!

This is the first marathon that I have not been there as Anthony's support team. I had a lot of fun packing a surprise box of goodies and shipping it ahead of time, so that he would have it when he arrived in New Jersey.
  • Advil
  • Space blanket
  • Granola bars
  • A photo of me and Christopher
  • Extra small pins for bib
  • Extra batteries for watch and heart rate monitor
  • Band-aids (if you've ever watched a marathon... you would know why men actually need band-aids... it is amazing how rough fabric can be against your chest when you run 26.2 miles!)...
  • and amongst other things... a COWBELL... one of our favorite ways to cheer our favorite runner!

Baltimore Marathon 2005


Timberline Marathon 2006

Sauvie Island Half Marathon 2008
(See Christopher finishing hard with Dad!)

We're there with you, honey! All the way!

3 comments:

beloved Mama said...

hurray! I'm glad you found the Azari blog! I'm really enjoying our time in playgroup! and I am ALWAYS blessed and learn so much from your blog too!

BP said...

That is so neat you could keep track of him as he ran!

I like the package you sent ahead for him.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

So? Did he finish?

~elaine