“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, November 17, 2008

Taking a Siesta...

Taking some time to hang out under a broom bush.
I'll be back soon...

"Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep.

All at once an angel touched him and said,
"Get up and eat."


He looked around,
and there by his head was
a cake of bread baked over hot coals,
and a jar of water.

He ate and drank
and then lay down again.

The angel of the LORD came back
a second time and touched him and said,
'Get up and eat,
for the journey is too much for you.'


So he got up and ate and drank.

Strengthened by that food,
he traveled forty days and forty nights
until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God.
There he went into a cave and spent the night."

I Kings 19:5-9

5 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh the strength that comes with a good rest.

Tammy said...

Praying you have a good rest. As always you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

a portland granny said...

II will miss your posts--hope you don't "fall asleep" and forget to get back to us.

I've been organizing my own thoughts about blogging. I am checking my favorites just once a week now, instead of daily and I've freed up time. I'e found it all addicting for me and had to write up some boundaries for myself.

I hope you are doing well and enjoying your break. Hope to hear from you soon.

BP said...

Have a good rest, friend!

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

May you be Blessed during your spiritual siesta. We all need that more than we know these days. You always know how to direct us towards the light!