“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Knit Like I Blog...

A 60th Birthday Gift for My Favorite Aunt
I told her she could wrap herself up everyday and
consider herself hugged by me!

I have been busy knitting lately. For the past four months... at least five days a week, I set aside at least one hour a day to knit. You may wonder how I can set aside that time so easily... To keep my sanity... I knit while Christopher is working on his Visual Therapy.

I wish I was more productive but I knit like I blog... if I don't like it... I rip it apart and start all over, again. Multiple times!

Here are some of my projects over the past few months:

Father and Son Matching Sweaters
Actually, I made these sweaters last year, but
I completely ripped Christopher's apart earlier this year
because it was just too small.
I made it a bit too big this time so he could wear it a while!
Fortunately I had just a enough yarn to spare
to make the larger size.

65th Wedding Anniversary Present for my Grandparents
I had visited my Grandparents home earlier this year.
As soon as I saw their couch... I knew I was coming home
and making this throw to match.

A birthday present for my "natural born" sister!
A beautiful scarf made from green silk.
The color... the texture... delicious!

Ruby and Pearl Bead Bracelet
Okay, so it is not knit... but it was fun to make.

Fashionable Burp Cloths
Again, not knitted, but sewn with love for
my friend Jennifer who is due on Christmas Day!

So, I got a little fancy with my packaging...

And a fun box tag, too!


(Thanks for asking, Joan!)

6 comments:

Tanner Family Blog said...

You are soooo talented!!!
I am amazed you can make SWEATERS!!!!

I have heard that knitting is very relaxing! It's definitely a skill I want to learn!

Heather - CROQZine.com said...

Awesome! You're a really good knitter. Love the burp cloths, too... miss you!

a portland granny said...

My goodness, you have been busy! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creativity with us. Beautiful work!

Grace said...

I am very impressed! Wow.... beautiful gifts of love.

Rhonda Azari said...

So cute!! You are very creative ;)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Whew...that's busy and beautiful! And yes, let's hope the world can "tolerate" our Christmas. I know...such a bother to most.

Our Savior is not surprised by any of it. In fact, he lived it.

peace~elaine