“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, December 19, 2008

Out of Sorts


Christopher has had five... count them one, two, three, four, FIVE snow days this week!

Needless to say, I am out of sorts. Not depressed, thanks be to our Glorious God in Heaven! But discombobulated. (I can't believe I spelled that correctly!)

Why is it... that I cannot seem to discipline myself to have a quiet time while Christopher is on break? He'll be out of the house for hours playing with the neighborhood children... but I do not take advantage of those times to work on my Bible Study.

"Watch and pray,
lest you enter into temptation.

The spirit indeed is willing,
but the flesh is weak.”

Matthew 26:41 KJV

But is this true? Is my spirit truly willing? Cause if it was... why can't it motivate the flesh? I mean... how hard is that?

Really hard. Especially, on my own.

Sisters, today... it is time (or should I say... about time!) for me to re-visit the Fruit of the Spirit. Remembering that it is not my spirit that will make the difference... It is the Holy Spirit within me.

Thanks be to God!

6 comments:

boutcrazy said...

I've felt the same way the last couple of days. I just sat and stared at my prayer book and thought...do I really have to pick up that book to pray...no, but it helped me to focus more. So I changed my style of worship and put in Casting Crowns and got myself in a worshipful attitude.

Thanks for the offer of the CD, I've picked it up already, forgot you had offered it to me. But hey, I still have the book if you would like it, send me your address.

Tammy said...

I know what you mean my friend. I have been there the last week too. So maybe we need to begin with prayer and know that God will open our hearts.

Sometimes just being still in His presence is what we need whether we say anything or not.

Praying for you

hugs

elizabeth embracing life said...

I found myself praying catch up with God in bed this morning. I thought how having a houseful has taken me out of my structure, my routines, and I function well with those things. God is here always to hear our prayers so I felt like I was getting caught up by just staying in bed a little longer and running the prayer roladex in my head. I said on my face book page..."snow on the brain"

Daughter of Zion said...

We had a lovely day at the beach today. However I would like to experience a white Christmas.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm with you on the kid front! They've nearly worn me out. Today was cut out cookie day. You'd think after 19 years of parenting I would have learned my lesson on this one.

Well, at least they taste delicious. Getting there? Less than delicious, but memories made nonetheless.

Hang in there. Merry Christmas.

peace~elaine

Tanner Family Blog said...

Can you believe this weather!!

we are all going to go a little bit stir crazy if we can't get out soon!