“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa queried, "What do you WANT for Christmas this year, little girl?"


Have people been asking you what you WANT for Christmas? Yikes! We get older... and we get a little more choosy... a little more particular for what we ask for... but we don't want to ask for specific things... so maybe we hint around... or do something subliminal...



I mean there are some things that just would make a great gift... and would last all year ... like the Starbucks Gold Card. What a great idea that would make for someone!

Or one of those one-cup coffee makers... you know, especially if one person in the house likes their coffee stronger than the other.. or if one person likes flavored coffee and the other doesn't. I mean... that just seems like a really thoughtful gift!

So... tell me, sisters... what do you WANT for Christmas? You never know... I might just pick your name this year... if you leave a comment with your WANT that is...

SSSHHHHHH! Don't tell anyone... the less comments there are... the better chance you have!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A digital meat thermometer.
Ruth

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

gift cards to anywhere...

I'm not kidding.

peace~elaine

boutcrazy said...

I can never think what I want, I am so blessed what more could I need. But...probably a subscription to McCalls quilting magazine or Bliss Victoria magazine. I love magazines!

Tammy said...

a gift card to barnes and noble...or a teacup to have my favorite tea in. These are two of my loves.

Have a blessed day
hugs

Janera said...

Who, me? I've already received more than I could imagine this season!

Twist my arm, though, and I think I could come up with something.

mmmmmm, for example, I saw a set of red cookware (Paula Deen) the other day that lit up my world.

Fun question.

Kentucky Bound said...

Hmmmmmmmm! I can't think of a single thing that I really want this year except to have my son home safely for a few days. This move has given me a new perspective on what is really important.

Oh O.K., if anyone REALLY insists . .. a gift certificate for a massage wouldn't be refused!

;)

Blessings and hugs from the creek!

a portland granny said...

Since I don't need anything, I never have a wish list, HOWEVER that being said, last night as I sat in the dark (another power outage) with no computer, no tv, no lights, I realized that I need a small battery powered radio! So that is now on my own shopping list. When my electricity is gone, at least I will be able to listen to a battery operated radio!! It takes an emergency sometimes to wake me up!!

a portland granny said...

As to the question you left me on my post---I would definitely make another 25 angels with third graders than go through all of this dental travesty!! (by the way, the surgery is at 11 tomorrow morning--would appreciate your prayers for calmness)

Thanks : )