“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Skip the Snow, But Keep the Mistletoe and Presents!


We didn't make it, but we're on our way. Stuck in the middle of the country.

I'm missing Christmas Eve with my mom's family. All the cousins... chaos... and food! Santa stops by with presents for all. Whether you were good or bad!

I couldn't even call to say Merry Christmas... more tears. I asked Anthony to call and let them know. I'm just missing out. I know it is okay... but it's okay to cry... that means that I actually care!


Christopher said today that he would be fine if it was NOT a white Christmas at Grandma's... Looks like 50's and rainy... Sounds like Portland weather... normally!

And it persists to snow in Portland. More snow then ever on record. The last big snow was 40 years ago.

Sorry, no catchy lyrics tonight. Just the real thing....


I'll be Home for Christmas

I'm dreamin' tonight of a place I love
Even more then I usually do
And although I know it's a long road back
I promise you

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
If only in my dreams

5 comments:

boutcrazy said...

I'm sorry that you are not with your family tonight. I understand completely. Weather did not keep us away, health. Christmas Eve we always go to my grandmother's, but she is not well enough for everyone to be there today. My daughter got to go and sent pictures and I will go Friday, but still...tonight was tradition and I missed it. Hope you have a peaceful evening.

Wanda said...

I am sorry to hear you're not where you planned to be. This year we drove 18 hours to Florida to be with our family. My hubby's elderly parents needed help moving. So that is how we've spent our Christmas break.
I am glad we could do it. I've seen the tragedy of people sitting stuck at airports all over.
Praying you get to your family soon. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, I'm so sorry you are all stuck. I pray that God will send an extra helping of blessings your way ;-) You are loved. I do understand how hard it is to be away from your family. Be safe and enjoy each other. Merry Christmas
~Tamara

Kathy said...

I hope that you finally made it to your family! Sorry to hear about the trouble! I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear that you and your Family missed out.. I hope you will make it there eventually and make up for the lost time!!
Merry Christmas.
vintage girl