“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, December 8, 2008

Wishing You a Very Tolerable Christmas!

Is it me? I'm a little confused... but I have been asked... no, make that told to be tolerant. And to even go beyond that... to be acceptant of:

Other people's beliefs
Other people's "choice"
Other people's "preference"
Other people's lifestyle

Yet, Christmas has become intolerable to those who have demanded my tolerance... no make that my acceptance... NO, and even beyond that... to become assimilative to their beliefs, "choice", "preference" and lifestyle.

Although I pray that all would want to celebrate the birth of Christ, I am not demanding anyone to celebrate Christmas. I am not asking that anyone should celebrate Christmas the way I do.

I'm just wondering why my belief in Christ, my choice to worship the King, my preference of saying "Merry Christmas" and my lifestyle which includes celebrating Christmas... is not tolerated, but actually mocked and wished for extinction...

So, is it okay for me to say... I'm wishing for a very tolerable Christmas?

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, so here is my thinking. . . You are very lucky, blessed, privileged to have been called by God, set apart, for a God-fulfilled life. You have been cleaned up by Jesus, able to receive all the benefits and gifts that come from God your Father. You are able to wait expectantly for His coming, knowing you will spend eternity with Him.

How sad to think what these others who demand your tolerance have to look forward to. They want your acceptance today because they have no hope for tomorrow.

Because you are loved by God, I know you will share His love unsparingly this Christmas!

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

I am right there with you Sister Sheri!!!
Sad that what this country was founded on, the reason it was founded no longer wants us to acknowledge God. Too many concessions for the non believers and pseudo religions popping up every day!!!
((don't let me get started))
I hope you have a GOD Blessed Day!
Merry CHRISTmas!

a portland granny said...

Amen Sister! You said it so succinctly!! II'm afraid I could not have been so nice in expressing those thoughts--they surely run around in my head often enough during the day.

Thankfully there is still a multitude of believers who enjoy and adore celebrating the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ--may we never lose that freedom!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Should I have to tolerate a BOOB!!! Follow me here okay. I young woman nurses her baby publically because it's her belief that mom's milk is best. Well yes, I have nursed five children and agree on all the benefits of nursing. That does not mean I am not respectful of those around me and expose my boob for the sake of the belief.

In the same way I think some people are just boobs trying to stick out to make their point.

I do get what you are saying. I say Merry Christmas to all and if I get a look of bah over my choice of words, so be it. I will just smile and ask forgiveness instead of permission.

bp said...

I totally know what you mean. This really bothers me about this time of year.

Rhonda Azari said...

It is really a shame that we, as Christians, seem forced to accept everyones 'things' and then we are humbugged about saying Merry Christmas... aren't most people celebrating Christmas - if not the real reason for it, at least the tradition of it? Isn't this the Christmas season? I think we, as a country, have gone to the extreme... just like with everything else.

So I say to you, dear sister, I am wishing you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!! ;)

Daughter of Zion said...

In South Africa, everyone says Merry Christmas, whether you believe in it or not. I think if I could not say that aloud it would break my heart.
South Africa is very much a Christian country despite our terrible crime problem, and its very acceptable to say you are a Christian or wear a symbol of your faith here.