“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, December 15, 2008

"Yes, Tammy... There is a Santa Claus."

Baby, it's cold outside!
Snow closed church on Sunday,
school on Monday... and Tuesday!


This post offered you the opportunity to ask for whatever your precious little heart desired for Christmas.

I really expected people to request BIG BIG HUGE presents. Nope.

I really really thought maybe someone might ask for an ILG hat. Nope.

I really really really thought there would be more people who would take a chance to see if I might "pick their name this year"! Nope.

The number one requested gift: Gift Cards!

I visited Random.org and it selected number 4... Tammy of Breaths of Faith who asked for "a gift card to barnes and noble...or a teacup to have my favorite tea in. These are two of my loves."

Congratulations, Tammy! Looks like sister sheri "Santa" is visiting your house this year!

6 comments:

bp said...

That's so nice of you! I read your post a couple times and couldn't think what to put that I wanted! It was right at the time I'd made a list for my husband.

beloved Mama said...

how fun this is :o) Happy snow days to you!

gideonmommasita said...

You are incredible. I just got caught up on your blog posts, knitting, beading, homemade tags...extroadinary. Wonderful poem about the depression, totally relate to that too, thank you for sharing everything. My knitting and posting is very different than yours though...a little transparent, what you see is what you get....the mistakes have been left out there for all the world to see. Merry Christmas Sister Sherri!

gideonmommasita said...

Oh, and thank you for your prayers!

Tammy said...

Oh my sweet friend,
as I am being pounded with sleet and snow this evening...I am giggling when I read the title to your post...I am so surprised...I hope you know how much I enjoy coming here for tea...you are such a joy my friend. Merry Christmas.

hugs and blessings

cammyk said...

Loving Christopher's goggles. How excited he must have been to have two snow days!! WOOHOO!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys.