“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, January 15, 2009

In Honor of January 15th
(The 3-year Anniversary)


In Honor of January 15th, 2006. (For background you can visit last year's post.)

Still sitting by the bathroom mirror is a precious sheet of crumpled paper. It has these verses printed on it... and I had circled the words I have put in bold.

A writing of Hezekiah king of Judah after his illness and recovery:

15 But what can I say?
He has spoken to me, and he himself has done this.
I will walk humbly all my years
because of this anguish of my soul.

16 Lord, by such things men live;
and my spirit finds life in them too.
You restored me to health
and let me live.

17 Surely it was for my benefit
that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me
from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
behind your back.

Isaiah 38:15-17

These were not words that I could believe on January 15, 2006. And probably not even January 15, 2007. But there became a time that I could print them out and put them by the mirror. At first they were just words... but now, they are words I live by... It is who I am...

9 comments:

bp said...

Praise God! Thank you for sharing God's goodness.

Deborah said...

Continuing to pray as you put more years behind that date!

a portland granny said...

What a blessing you have come such a long way. I love the verses that you chose, which have become so meaningful to you.

Daughter of Zion said...

You have come a long way. I sometimes think my faith is a roller coaster!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Congrats on 3 years! I can't even imagine what another 2 will birth via my pen. Please peruse the CBD cataglog for a CD you'd like to have. Let me know via email. It's my treat to you!

Keep to it.

peace~elaine

Deborah said...

My dear friend, thanks for always visting my blog and being such an inspiration. If you would still like to receive a mock up Bible, send my your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.

Deborah

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

What an anniversary, you have come so far!!
xo

Kentucky Bound said...

A Blessed Anniversary to you! And a hearty AIN'T GOD JUST THE GREATEST!
Just dropping by to catch up on your last few entries. You wrote that one about the bulb just for me, didn't you? C'mon! Fess up! You've been peeking in my window again, haven't you?

LOVE the Special Olympics scarves! My friend Robert is a bowler and a golfer in the SO in Florida!

Blessings from the creek!
Liz

gideonmommasita said...

Keep Pressin On toward the prize!

Love the part in your verse about our sins being behind the back of God....what a word picture that is.

God Bless you!