“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, January 23, 2009

Lousy Timing


You see,

at just the right time,
when we were still powerless,


Christ died for the ungodly.

Very rarely will anyone die
for a righteous man,
though for a good man
someone might possibly dare to die.

But God demonstrates
his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners,
Christ died for us.
Romans 5:6-8

I'm trying to get my brain around these verses (from my Daily Bible Reading). "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, God died for the ungodly…" So, the right timing was when we were still powerless. Not when we had it all together. Gained perfection. Stopped messing things up... No! When we were still powerless.

How is it possible that my powerlessness is just the right time? That just doesn't seem right to me. But it does to Him.

Dear Lord, forgive me for the times that I think your timing is lousy. When I think... if only God had done something sooner. And for the times when I think that you are unaffected by my current imposition... Lord, You are the God of "Just The Right Time"! Praise You! In Jesus' name, Amen

5 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Awesome truth here! Going to go back a re-read God's Word via my own sword. Thanks for bringing it to the surface this night.

peace~elaine

gideonmommasita said...

Thank you.

just lisa said...

Love that prayer!! You know I have been reading my devotions each morning, trying to start my day off with God....I really need him so much more then I sometimes think I do. I need to start letting things go and trusting him to do the right thing for me.

I really need to make a point to visit your blog more often....always such wonderful stuff here.

Take Care!!

elizabeth embracing life said...

tis baffling to think, but tis true
God always steps in at just the right time.

Daughter of Zion said...

Just thought I would drop you a line to say hi. How you doing?