“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, January 9, 2009

Thinking about My Heavenly Father's Heart

Therefore encourage one another and
build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Christopher's first Upward Basketball practice was tonight. As I watched the coach and his son get acquainted with Christopher, I was amazed at their responsiveness. They saw areas that needed help and they quickly and kindly gave him the attention and instruction he needed. How my heart was filled with gratitude. That they would take time to invest in my son.

And then... it made me think... How the Lord's heart must be so tender towards those who reach out to His children in need. To those who take the time to fill in the gap, or come alongside, or teach... or encourage... that it would make our Heavenly Father... happy!

"His master replied,
'Well done, good and faithful servant!
You have been faithful with a few things;
I will put you in charge of many things.
Come and share your master's happiness!'
Matthew 25:21


1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are so right! I can think of many people who have been this way in my life.