“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am NOT Worrying....

Lovebirds

As I was praying for a dear loved one this morning... I began to worry. Fear got the best of me. Tears filled my eyes as I thought that the Lord may decide that His plans were in the better interest of all involved.

And then it hit me... didn't I just write a post about wielding scripture? Wasn't I memorizing a scripture that reminded me that God was in control... and that my job was to pray?

Yup...

And it brought me back to a quote that Pastor Ray used on Sunday by George Macdonald:

It is not the cares of today,
but the cares of tomorrow,
that weigh a man down.

For the needs of today
we have corresponding strength given.

For the morrow we are told to trust.

It is not ours yet.

It is when tomorrow's burden
is added to the burden of today
that the weight is more
than a man can bear.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34 NIV

4 comments:

Vintage Girl at Heart said...

How true... easier said than done for us women, mommies, mothers...
Love the photo of you two!!! So sweet!
Bless you!

Anonymous said...

I can't read the quote...

Rhonda said...

I love this verse!! It brings such peace!!! By the way, this is just a gorgeous photo of you and Anthony!!! :D

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Whatever is true...

think on that, friend. Not on what is imagined or yet to happen kind of stuff.

It's been a life-long lesson for me, and I still struggle, sometimes on a daily basis.

Loved seeing the pic of you and hubby. What a charming portrait of contentment. May it be so, even as it seems.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

peace~elaine