“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Not Enough...

As I said yesterday... there is more to memorizing scripture than... well, memorizing scripture...

It's not enough to know the Word of God... we have got to WIELD it, sisters!

There are many of us who know the stories of the Bible... or retain scripture verses... but to memorize it... and then use it.

to Wield - a verb meaning:
  • to hold and use (a weapon or tool)
  • to have and be able to use (power or influence)
Okay, so we are holding the Word of God in our minds, girls... but are we really ready to use it? We have the Word of God... but are we able to use it?


Take the helmet of salvation and
the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.
Ephesians 6:17 NIV



For the word of God is living and active.
Sharper than any double-edged
sword,
it penetrates even to dividing
soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and
attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 NIV



"Have I not commanded you?
Be
strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified;
do not be discouraged,
for the LORD your God
will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 NIV



Oh, Lord... as we store up your Words in our hearts... help us to wield them... as we fight the good fight...

2 comments:

a portland granny said...

Have so appreciated your challenges with the memory verses. Memorizing is so hard for me, so I usually give up before it is permantly in my mind. I am thankful for the verses I memorized as a younger person, for they come thrugh loud and clear when needed! You are very wise to have a memory program for yourself!! Keep up the hard work!! (Memorizing scripture is one of the ways my grandkids can earn money from me!)

bp said...

Hi, These posts have been great and made me think about verses I have memorized and how to use them.