“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Team


On January 1st, I decided to join my other "siestas" at the LPM blog... and memorize scripture. We are encouraged to memorize a scripture of our choosing every other week. I am listing my verses on the sidebar.

I encourage you to stop by and join us. Even if you take a couple minutes to watch Beth Moore give a mini-tutorial on the RENEW process of scripture memorization.

Read It
Examine It
Need It
Echo It
Wield It

"Need it" and "wield it" have been the most helpful to me. Although I have memorized scripture in the past when I have needed it, I am now being pro-active. I am looking ahead at the next two weeks and asking the Lord... what verse should I memorize? Looking at my upcoming events... what verse might I need? And then to wield it as necessary.

So, how about you? What verse do you need to see you through the next two weeks? God's Word is full of His promises, His truth, and His love.

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 will be my focus for the next two weeks. I need to get on it! I'm also paying attention to how the Lord is speaking along these lines so as to pick scriptures I NEED!

Thanks for all your many kind words to me. Be sure to check in with the blog tomorrow for some give-aways.

Tammy said...

Zephaniah 3:17 is my verse for this first part of the month. Thanks for stopping by for tea..it is so wonderful

hugs and blessings

Daughter of Zion said...

My verse for this week is the first commandment.
Love your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.
Heart is easy
Soul is harder
Mind...now that is application everday, and I dont think I take it seriously enough!!1