“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, February 20, 2009

What Were You Thinking?

May my lord pay no attention
to that wicked man Nabal.


He is just like his name—
his name is Fool,
and folly goes with him.

But as for me,
your servant,
I did not see the men my master sent.

I Samuel 25:25 NIV


I received an e-mail the other day...
"Interesting memory verse…I’m familiar with the story, but curious how it came to be a focus for memorization…if you care to share."


February 15th arrived... and it was time to pick my next Siesta Scripture Memory Verse. Once I pick my new verse, I print it out four times. One for the bathroom mirror, one in my office, one by the kitchen sink and one in the family room where I sit and write my blog... or watch TV... or play sudoku.

Another habit I've started is adding the verse to my signature on my e-mails. So, I see it every time I write an e-mail. This is why someone asked... What Were You Thinking?

As I looked ahead and wondered... what memory verse might be helpful over the next two weeks... it was obvious... 1 Samuel 25:25! Okay, okay... so I have the opportunity to teach our ladies Bible Study on March 3rd. We're teaching on (obscure) women of the Bible. My gal? Abigail.

So, what verse did you pick this time... and why?

2 comments:

Kentucky Bound said...

Stopping by for my portion of the blessings you've shared over the last week or so. Of course I never go away empty handed!

Love you Syster!

Blessings and hugs from the creek!
Liz

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

1 Peter 2:4-5

"As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also like living stones are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

I chose it because I'm going to be speaking on it this upcoming weekend. I so NEEDED to know this one and have it marinating on my brain as I prepare.

Loved your crafty magnets. I just finished making a mosaic 3 foot wooden cross using plaster on the wooden frame and a bagillion broken stones. I suppose you can imagine what I'm using it for...

peace in your week, friend. Cheering for you!

~elaine