“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, March 20, 2009

An Act of Worship: Encouraging Others

Thou art worthy, O Lord,
to receive glory and honour and power:
for thou hast created all things,
and for thy pleasure
they are and were created.
Revelation 4:11 KJV

God created all things for His pleasure.

And God said,
Let us make man in our image,
after our likeness...
Genesis 1:26a KJV

God made man in His image... after His own likeness.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father,
and with it we curse men,
who have been made in God's likeness.

James 3:9 NIV

With the same tongue we praise God and we curse men.

I will praise thee, O LORD,
with my whole heart;
I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
Psalm 9:1 KJV


We praise God for who He is and His marvellous works... His creation.

A positive spin on James 3:9:
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father,
and with it we bless men,
who have been made in God's likeness.

And so, when we encourage and bless those who are around us...
Could we consider that an act of worship of our Lord?
Well then! Let's start praising God!

2 comments:

Journey Of Faith said...

I'm praising sweet sister!!! You are a blessing to me!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

To think that there is something of Him in all of creation...

well it should change the way we "do" life, especially as it pertains to our words of blessing over others.

Happpy Saturday to you.

peace~elaine