“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fah Hoo Forres

I've been thinking about the Whos lately. How I grew up being amazed at how the Whos handled the whole Grinch thing... I was really impressed.

But then I thought... they didn't know what hit them. They weren't sitting there on the couch with us watching what the Grinch was doing. They didn't see the deception of the Grinch. They didn't see the hatred of the Grinch. They didn't have to suffer through all the pilfering and pillaging of the Grinch.

They woke up. They went outside. They held hands. They sang a song... "Fah Hoo Forres" and the next thing they know... The Grinch is their hero. He is returning everything that belonged to them in the first place.

And sometimes I wonder... if it would just be easier to be a Who. To be oblivious... and to wake up the next morning finding a green creature speeding toward me with a sled and a dog... and all my stuff.

But I would have missed my favorite part... The part where they show that picture of the Grinch's small heart growing three sizes that day. You know when the heart grows outside of the box. Like there is metal around the heart and it bursts out.

Yeah... I guess I don't want to be a Who after all... I'd rather hang in there during the tough times... just to see a heart grow and learn the true meaning of Christmas...

Now, that's truly amazing.


And they were all
amazed
at the greatness of God.
Luke 9:43a NIV

4 comments:

Journey Of Faith said...

I really like this post! I think I would like to hang in there too!! It's tough, painful and sometimes serious patience is involved, but to see redemption... I'm for it :D Thanks sister!!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

One of your bests, Sheri! May God increase our hearts of love with every inch of this journey that sometimes boast our "grinchy" way of doing life.

I really do love the portrait you paint with your words here.

peace~elaine

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri, what a wonderful way of getting your message across!


~Jean

Patti said...

On a related but un-related note, I always call Emersyn my little "who" because of her crazy hair when she was born and sometimes she just looked like the little girl on the Grinch.

On a more related note, I love reading your blog and am encouraged by it's words. Thank you Sheri!!