“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Wholesome Word

I stopped by one of my favorite blogs yesterday... and when I read the post... I thought, "Now, that is what I'm talking about!" Literally!

I asked Ms. Daisy if I could link to her post Let The Lower Lights Be Burning... The material is written by her friend G. Lewis.

It is the beauty behind a beloved hymn.

The "what if" we didn't let our light shine. And the "what if" our light was meant for the benefit of others?

"You are the light of the world.
Neither do people light a lamp and
put it under a bowl.
Instead they put it on its stand, and
it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way,
let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds and
praise your Father in heaven.
"
Matthew 5:14-16

5 comments:

just lisa said...

so beautiful and so true!! Been working on this myself Sheri....letting my light shine.

have a wonderful week!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'll check it out...

peace~elaine

a portland granny said...

Your devotionals are so "right on"! I always read your posts, but sometimes feel at a loss for words to leave a comment.

.....I am reading, pondering, and feeling convicted! Keep up the posting with your thoughtful words and challenges to live the life we are intended to live.

Thanks for your insights.

Grace said...

Happy Terrific Tuesday!

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri - Thank you. God works in mysterious and wonderful ways!



~Jean