“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

6 Words: Page 1


Living Proof Live - Portland Oregon from Rich Kalonick on Vimeo.

I was thinking about the fact that I spent $60 for a ticket to see Beth Moore. And how the two 3-hour sessions go so quickly... and often forgotten just as quickly. I am trying to be intentional about what I learned at the conference, so I decided to share some of my notes from the event.

I also bought you something... you know, a freebie giveaway! It is an audio CD set of one of Beth Moore's Living Proof Live Events entitled, "Spiritual Mapping: Egypt, The Wilderness and Canaan." I bought myself a set... and I thought you might like it, too! More details to come... but it will have something to do with 6 Words!

Sheri's Journal Notes

Friday Night

We find out that 7,300 women are sitting in the Coliseum... In Portland, Oregon... 7,300 women wanting to learn... hear... experience... go beyond... 7,300 christian sisters. Praise God!

Beth shares that we will be looking at the two questions,
"God, what do You want from me?" and "What is the point?"
Or another way to put it... "What is the objective?" and "What is He after?"

We read from Galatians 2:17-21. Specifically from verse 20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."
and Galatians 4:15-20. Especially verse 19 "My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you."

Beth shares about the recent birth of her granddaughter, Annabeth. How she loved her as soon as she found out she had been conceived. She loved her when she found out she was a girl. She loved her when she was born. She could not love Annabeth anymore than she already has... but now that Annabeth can respond to her... Beth feels sheer bliss.

And so... God loves us. He has always loved us. He couldn't love us anymore than He already has... but when we respond to Him... imagine what He must feel towards us.

The image of Paul as a "laboring mother" or nurse saying until Christ is formed in you. As if we want to see the embryonic form age into the full form of Jesus in us.

"Morphoo" - to be fashioned, shaped... as by an artist...

Okay... so page one of twelve is done...

4 comments:

bp said...

I hope these notes will continue. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing them!

a portland granny said...

I love that example of the grandchild--isn't it true that when someone begins to respond to us the relationship deepens. What a grand example of the relationship between us and God. I liked that because I can so identify with it. Oh that I would stretch out my arms, as a child does, when I see my Father in my life, with anticipation and joy as a baby does. Looking forward to page 2!

Tammy said...

I like the notes...just what I needed to hear. I look forward to page 2.

gideonmommasita said...

Thank you for sharing your notes...I'm always embarrassed by my note taking. Good idea to go back over them to glean what you could!