“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, April 25, 2009

6 Words: Page 2
Ego Crucified. Christ Formed in Me.

Impatient...

This is Page 2 in a series of 12 pages of notes that I took at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Conference in Portland, April 17-18. My intent is to review my notes... and by blogging them... I am holding myself accountable. See Page 1 and intro for more details.

Sheri's Journal Notes


Friday Night Continued

Beth Moore shares that she will be using 6 word phrases to summarize her key points. There had been a post on the LPM blog, Sum up YOUR Life in Six Words, that she felt was insightful.

I have been crucified with Christ
and I no longer live,
but Christ lives in me...
Galatians 2:20a NIV

The Supreme Objective of our lives:
Ego crucified. Christ formed in me.
Crucified so we can be raised. Our complete distinctiveness and uniqueness are not crucified.

The Supreme Obstacle of our lives:
My Life. My Way. That's it.

We want to try on the new life and then decide whether or not we want it. God doesn't work that way.
But when the time had fully come,
God sent his Son,
born of a woman, born under law,
to redeem those under law,
that we might receive
the full rights of sons
.
Because you are sons,
God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts,
the Spirit who calls out,
"Abba,Father."
So you are no longer a slave, but a son;
and since you are a son,
God has made you also an heir.
Galatians 4:4-7 NIV

We have full rights of sonship. We must claim our inheritance.
Something is wrong when our lives don't match our theology.
When our ego is done -- then the power of Christ can begin its work.


No comments: