“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, April 27, 2009

6 Words: Page 3

This is Page 3 in a series of 12 pages of notes that I took at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Conference in Portland, April 17-18. My intent is to review my notes... and by blogging them... I am holding myself accountable. See 6 Words for more details.

Sheri's Journal Notes

Friday Night Continued

There is someone within us who has the power to forgive ANYONE.
There is someone within us who has been where we want to go.

God is looking for trustworthy, humble people who can handle the anointing of God.

I want to live a life -- ALERT! "There ain't no life like this vivacious abundant life of Christ in us."

Do I want a "God DROP"? Do I want to experience God -- more than this?

My counsel is this:
Live freely,
animated and motivated
by God's Spirit.
Then you won't feed
the compulsions of selfishness.

For there is a root of
sinful self-interest in us
that is at odds with a free spirit,
just as the free spirit
is incompatible with selfishness.
These two ways of life are antithetical,
so that you cannot live at times
one way and
at times another way
according to how you feel
on any given day.
Why don't you choose
to be led by the Spirit
and so escape
the erratic compulsions
of a law-dominated existence?
Galatians 5:16-18 The Message


What if we were driven by the compelling love of Christ... as opposed to our erratic compulsions?

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"God is looking for trustworthy, humble people who can handle the anointing of God."

A sacred trust we've been given; may we always be found faithful to the holding.

peace, Sheri. Thanks for checking in. ~elaine