“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

6 Words: Page 4

This is Page 4 in a series of 12 pages of notes that I took at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Conference in Portland, April 17-18. My intent is to review my notes... and by blogging them... I am holding myself accountable. See 6 Words for more details.

Sheri's Journal Notes

Friday Night Continued

Supporting Obstacle
I've Been Through Too Much.
What to do with what we've been through?
Instead of repression or rebellion, we need reformation.
Repression will end up making you sick.
Rebellion will end up making you stupid.

Underneath your mad is your sad.

They only heard the report:
"The man who formerly persecuted us
is now preaching the faith
he once tried to destroy."
And they praised God because of me.
Galatians 1:23-24 NIV


Supporting Objective
My Past Morphs Into Present Praise.
Can you believe it? Could your past be morphed into praise? Are people praising God because of you? You had a difficult past by your own choice or the choice of others... yet God has brought reformation... restoration.

Or maybe you're still repressing or rebelling the hand you've been dealt. How do we move beyond our past?

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

When I consider the sin of my past, it's hard to think about anything from that being praiseworthy in the present. That being said, I've long remembered something that Beth Moore said in a teaching years ago. When our past begins to work for us instead of against us, that's full redemption. A stunning statement, yet so very freeing, don't you think?

(i.e. my divorce; who would find that praiseworthy? Still and yet, I can't tell you how it has opened up a window of ministry for me in relating to other women along these lines ... something that perhaps those who've not walked through it wouldn't be able to minister to in quite the same way.)

That's what I'm thinking about while reading your thoughts here. Gosh, I wish I could have been there with you!

peace~elaine