“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

6 Words: Lord, to Whom Shall We Go?

Dearest sisters... thank you for bearing with me. I realize my journal notes from the Beth Moore conference have been a dry read... and somewhat selfish on my part to share them so publicly... with no gift wrap of my own. But will you hang in there? Will you be a witness to what is transpiring within me?

God is dealing with me ever so intentionally with my ego. I knew that, but it was at this conference that He decided it was time to go all out with me. Since I hadn't caught on to His gentle nudgings, it was time to get in my face. And I want that. Ever so much.

I'm nothing without Him, girls. In all honesty, I would be dead (not figuratively) without Him. And so, I want to love Him, serve Him, trust Him and obey Him with ever fiber of my being. Seem extreme? I think it must be... but it is all I have. And it is all I have to give.

It is not something I have entered into lightly. It has been a slow 41-year progression. But I can't turn back. I have to go forward.

One of my life verses... that so often rests on my lips and heart are the words of Simon Peter in John 6:68, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Some of the disciples of Jesus had turned back... they would no longer follow Jesus... they were dismayed and couldn't handle the Truth. So, Jesus asked the ones who remained, "Do you also want to go away?"

Can you imagine? The Lord asking you if you want to leave Him?

Really, where would I go? What else is there? Money, success, my own fleshly desires, drugs... No, I mean really... what else is there?

You have the words of eternal life.

And then Simon Peter says, "We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

It's all I've got, sisters. I believe and know that He is the Holy One of God. It's all I've got...

No, Lord, I do not want to turn back.

No, Lord. I Won't Turn Back.

2 comments:

a portland granny said...

I am so glad you are sharing your notes from the conference! Thank you. They are not 'dry' at all, but challenging and very thought provoking! (I'm reading them all, even when I don't leave a comment!)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Honestly, I was just reading this scripture this morning! Indeed, whom can we go to if not Jesus? Your question is a good one; I cannot turn back from the truth. Heaven knows I've tried at times, but our God is a keeping God. He isn't content to leave us alone.

He has the words. He is the Word. So caught up in the Word!

peace~elaine