“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, April 27, 2009

Are You Miserable in a Good Marriage?

Hi, sisters! I just have to share with you a phenomenal resource on marriage. Focus on the Family had an audio clip of Beth Moore speaking about her marriage. About how we as women try to idealize our marriage and think that we should have a GREAT marriage, and so we become dissatisfied with a GOOD marriage. Is that you? I have to admit that it is me, too, sometimes.

She also spoke an anointed word to those who feel that their man is not being the spiritual leader in the family like "he should be"...

I wish I could summarize it, but it's one of those things that you just have to hear for yourself!

I'm challenging you... if you're miserable in your GOOD marriage, take a little time to listen Beth tell of her GOOD marriage... it's not GREAT, but GOOD is well, GOOD!

Focus on the Family Broadcast (or Podcast) from April 23rd & 24th. Make sure to listen to both broadcasts/podcasts.

I love you, sisters... We all struggle. And when we find something that can bring each other encouragement... I just feel like I have to share it. I don't think Beth Moore has all the answers... but she serves a God who does...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great words of encouragement!

I am here because someone has nominated you for an Awesome Blog 2009 Award! Stop by and see what category someone thought you rocked!!

http://awesomestblogs2009.blogspot.com/

God bless-
Amanda

elizabeth embracing life said...

I have not yet gone to the podcast, but truly feel very blessed in my marriage. I wonder one time Elliot was concerned that David was not the "spiritual leader" that he should be. Most in my family are extrovetive types, outspoken and happily share our hearts love and passion for Jesus. That is not David at all. I asked Elliot about what he thought a spiritual leader is, and as it turned out, Elliot realized that David scored high in his idea of a spiritual leader. David may not be outspoken, he may be kind of different than how I love outwardly, but he is truly the leader in our home, so much so that my adult children honor him fully. off to podcast land

Daughter of Zion said...

Yes, its hard to be married,even in a good marriage, let a lone a "perfect" one, but we need to bring everything to Christ and Let Him bring out peace, love and Harmony.

Sometimes I need to do this daily.