“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, April 4, 2009

For One of the Least of These...


"The King will reply,
'I tell you the truth,
whatever you did
for one of the least of these
brothers of mine,
you did for me.'"
Matthew 25:40 NIV


We have two precious boys in our home from Uganda. Henry and Swaibu... They are from the International Children's Choir. I would love to stay and chat... but going from having one child in my home to three... well, I've got to go entertain!!!

Here's my post from last year's visit.

Saturday, February 23, 2008
Jesus Loves the Little Children


Lawrence and Daniel

Tomorrow the Children of the World Choir will be singing at our church. We have the privilege of hosting Lawrence and Daniel. They seem like regular boys that Christopher might know from school. And for those of you that know Christopher... these boys are actually more active, energetic and out-going than he is! But these are boys who have become orphans due to AIDS. Of course, we do not talk of the past with them. We talk of riding bikes, and basketball, and fun stuff. They call us... Uncle and Auntie. Oh, I love to hear them call me "Auntie"!

They are upstairs having a little "nap"... part of their routine. Tomorrow they will minister to us in song and dance and then be on their way. It's funny... at first I think we're doing them a favor by having them stay at our home... and then I realize that they are they ones doing us a favor... broadening our lives... and our hearts... I know they will not necessarily remember us... but... we will never forget them.

7 comments:

Patti said...

How fun to be a host home for such special children.

The Tillamook Fan Club only featured Emersyn as the post of the day, meaning yesterday. Bummer though! We took a screen capture to put in her baby book though, too cute.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What a joy to share in their world! Enjoy.

peace~elaine

elizabeth embracing life said...

I remember you hosting the boys from last year and now again. YOU are a brave woman for sure. Blessings and you continue to mother these young lads in your life.

a portland granny said...

What a wonderful experience for your family. I wish I had read your post yesterday, as I would love to have heard them, but I'm thinking they already sang at your church this morning. If they are going to be there tonight would you email me where it is going to be? I believe I would come!

gideonmommasita said...

A treat to be sure....thanks for posting about it.

Technonana said...

Oh What Fun!!! Our church hosted this choir a few years back. We ended up with 3 of the boys and one of the female chaperones!! All of them very special people.
The bus they were on broke down and had to be 'fixed' before they could leave us... so we ended up sharing their lives for 2days instead of one, my grandchildren loved it, and so did we!

vintage at heart said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest Birthday Girl in blogland and well... on the west coast too!!!
I hope you have a Wonderfully Happy Day!!!
Birthday Blessings!!!
xoxo
Sharron