“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm Getting Less Younger... and I'm Thrilled About It!


I'm 41 today.

And I'm actually pretty excited about it.

There was a time that I started dreading my birthday... it meant I was getting less younger.

But over the past couple of days, I've been receiving birthday wishes... and you know what?

I kinda like having birthdays.

You know me... words of affirmation. Why did I ever dread my birthday when I receive cards signed like this?

"Girlfriends are great,
But a Great friend is better.
Thanks for being a Great Friend."

So, when your birthday comes around... make sure you let me know! I wouldn't want to miss it!

11 comments:

vintage at heart said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! I hope you have a Blessed Day and a Thrilling Year!

a portland granny said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful decade you are in. Enjoy it to the fullest! Keep up your wonderful posts--I'm always so blessed!

TattingChic said...

Happy Birthday!

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful day and do something nice for yourself. May God continue to use you to reach out to women (like me). I'm thanking Him for you right now.

Blondie's Journal said...

I like that: Getting less younger... I have to remember that. I want to make every last minute I have on earth be the best! That is something I think you learn as you get "less younger".

Have a wonderful birthday Sheri! Your sister is a sweetheart for spreading the word!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday & have a wonderful year!!!!
Love Ruth

Tanner Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope it's a great day and that you get to celebrate by doing special fun things!

birthdays can be tricky for people (OK - for me) so let's talk so your positive attitude can rub off on me!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

journey of faith said...

Happy Birthday! God gave you a day of beauty and sunshine!!!

I love the title to this post... less younger - hee hee hee!! I'm also getting less younger :D And loove it :D

You are a sweet, sweet blessing to me!

gideonmommasita said...

Happy Birthday a few days late! Was there a time when you looked forward to getting older before you dreaded it before you became thrilled with it? Does that make sense? Thank you again for challenging me to put Christ first in my posts....it has indeed been a challenge but a worthy one. God Bless you...my birthday is the last day of this month. :)

Tammy said...

happy birthday my friend. I pray you have a grand day. I am 43 and I agree with you...birthdays are good.

hugs my friend

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Mine's a coming, friend. Happy belated birthday to you! I'm your elder. Does that get me any props? I know...don't answer.

Love to you precious sister~elaine