“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's His Gig.

In one week, Beth Moore is heading to one of the least churched states in America: Oregon. She'll be right here in Portland, Oregon with a word from the Lord... specifically for us... and that is why I chose the following memory verse:

The ones who do the planting
or watering aren't important,

but God is important
because he is the one
who makes the seed grow.

1 Corinthians 3:7 NLT

Our church is making this event into a mini-retreat. Although we live close to the event, we're going to be staying just a 1/2 mile away so that we can enjoy a "girls" retreat away.

And here's the thing... I'm coordinating the retreat. And I think things should happen a certain way... and that all our spots should be filled... a month ago.

But it is not happening that way... and I start to get discouraged. And I wonder what I could have done differently... or do differently.

And I forget... that God just asked me to do the planting... or maybe it was the watering, but anyway... He will give the increase.

And so, when in one day, four ladies are unable to attend... I turn to this verse... and it brings me comfort... because it reminds me that it really isn't about me. I can trust God to do what only HE can do. Hey, it's His gig.

This will be my fourth time to see Beth Moore live. And let me tell you... it is not about her, either. It's all about God, and what He does with a humble, willing vessel... whether it is her... me... or you!

Here is a preview from the event held in New Orleans earlier this month.


Living Proof Live - New Orleans 2009 from Rich Kalonick on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Just wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed your blog. Thank you for being such an encouragement to me! I did my final post tonight.

gideonmommasita said...

Excellent verse and perspecive with Beth Moore. It is far too easy to champion the deliverer of the message instead of the one the message is from.

bp said...

It's hard when things don't go as we wanted them to or had them all planned to go in our own minds. But you're right, it's really God's and His plan is right every time.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Deborah said...

Thank you for the reminder...I'm doing the planning for 2 women's retreats, one of them Beth Moore in October and this Sunday is one of my deadlines. I've already had one lady back out, but I've forgot to get my own information together...such a bad leader...off to do that now! Hope you have a great time.

Daughter of Zion said...

What a lovely post. You are spot on!!

Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Girlfriend, if I was there, I'd be rocking it with you! I've seen her at least that many times, but not recently. She's going to be in Charlotte this summer, but I have no one to go with; it's also the same weekend as the P31 event, and I've been toying with the idea of going to that also. Wanna come?

peace~elaine

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
I've heard that Beth Moore is awesome and I hope someday to get to see her.



~Jean