“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weary... but not giving up!


Siesta Scripture Memory: Verse 8

Let us not become weary
in doing good,

for at the proper time
we will reap a harvest

if we do not give up.


Galatians 6:9 NIV


Dear sisters, I may not be around much the next couple of days. This weekend I'm coordinating a mini-retreat at our church to coincide with a Living Proof Live Event aka Beth Moore Conference. And if I wasn't blessed enough, my natural born sister arrives in Portland tomorrow to join me!

I have heard that over 7,000 women will be at our event. I can't wait to see what the Lord has prepared... I'll make sure to bring something special back for you... hmmm, that sounds like a freebie!

5 comments:

Daughter of Zion said...

just to reply to your comment. No, the nothing-ness I am talking about is spiritual.
I truly believe that even emotional attachment to God is being taken away, so that I am not being lead by "feelings".

At the moment I am being disciplined in reading the word daily and just being focused in that.

Like the famous evangelist ( who's name has just flown out of my head), discipline fuels desire, and desire fuels discipline.

Daughter of Zion said...

Go girl. Enjoy the retreat.

elizabeth embracing life said...

enjoy this time of teaching and being ministered to. Sounds like a blast.

bp said...

Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend full of God's blessings! I look forward to hearing about it.

just lisa said...

Enjoy your weekend at your retreat and with your sisters!!
Love your verse for today and the beautiful photo!!