“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, May 18, 2009

6 Words: Pages 10-12,
Write 6 Words. Win A Freebie!

Bee Harvesting Pollen In My Garden...

This is the final excerpt of a series of 12 pages of notes that I took at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Conference in Portland, April 17-18. My intent is to review my notes... and by blogging them... I am holding myself accountable. See 6 Words for more details.

I have had a lot of fun lately with the 6 Words. I've been using 6 Words for my post titles:
  • A Harvest Of Righteousness And Peace
  • Because I Was In The Garden
  • And You Will Receive Even More
  • I'm Abiding In The Garden Today
  • It's That We Won't Need Anything
Write 6 Words. Win A Freebie!
So, now it is your turn... leave a comment with 6 Words... either summarizing your current situation in life... or your past... or just praising God. One blessed participant will win an audio 3-CD set of Beth Moore at a Living Proof Life Conference in Colorado. Entitled: "Spiritual Mapping: Egypt, The Wilderness and Canaan." I've just finished listening to my set... and believe me... it is worth the effort to leave a 6 word comment today! I'll pick a winner on Wednesday.

After typing in the final notes today, I realized that yesterday's post -- unknowingly -- sums up part of what I think Beth was teaching us.

Thanks for hanging in there with me... Next time I'll take less pages of notes... (I'll just write smaller!)

Sheri's Journal Notes

Saturday Morning Comes to a Conclusion

Supporting Obstacle:
I've sown flesh.
Gonna reap flesh.


You WILL reap what you sow. If you sow flesh, you are going to reap flesh.

It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.

This isn't the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God's kingdom.

Galatians 5:19-21 The Message


Supporting Objective:
Accept God's Discipline.
See Harvest Morph.

There is only one way to change what we harvest.
Hebrews 12:5-13 (See yesterday's post)
God disciplines those He loves...
Consequences will result in healing and a harvest of righteousness and peace.

If we know we have sown the flesh - the hammer will come down.
But choose to go through it well. Cooperate. Endure.
Accept your discipline!

The disciplinary process can morph you into Jesus.
You can change your harvest, but can you own your consequences?

Supporting Obstacle:
Life's so complicated.
Lost what counts.
What counts? What truly counts?

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value.
The only thing that counts

is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:6 NIV


Supporting Objective:
Morphology:
Keep The King The Thing.
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything;
what counts is a new creation.
Galatians 6:15 NIV


How do we morph into Jesus? We need to keep Jesus in His rightful place. He is the King.


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Living God's Way Not Mine Today

hugs
Tammy

elizabeth embracing life said...

Embracing Each Day Wisdom and Wonder.

Anonymous said...

On my knees, closer to Heaven!

Deborah said...

Life lived with God is peace.

Ms.Daisy said...

I come to the Garden alone



~Jean