“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, May 7, 2009

6 Words: Pages 8-9
Underneath Our Sin To Our Need

This is part of a series of 12 pages of notes that I took at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live Conference in Portland, April 17-18. My intent is to review my notes... and by blogging them... I am holding myself accountable. See 6 Words for more details.

Sheri's Journal Notes


Saturday Morning Continues!

It is for freedom that
Christ has set us free.
Stand firm, then,
and do not let yourselves be
burdened again
by a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1 NIV


Don't be burdened again... again? You mean... I was free and burdened myself, again?
You were set free! Act like it!


Supporting Obstacle:
Not Yet Free.
Just Trading Chains.

For sin shall not have
dominion
over you:
for ye are not under the law,
but under grace.
Romans 6:14 KJV

Sin does not have dominion over me.
Sometimes we just trade chains... or addictions from one to the other... never healing.
"Dominion Sin" can be an addiction, insecurity that becomes self-righteousness, anger that turns into coldness.

Beth spoke of her dog, Star. Star has a red ball that she is obsessed with. She'll drop it in her bowl and eat around it. Beth will have to put it up, so that the dog does not get exhausted.

What is my "red ball"? What am I obsessed about? I need to put it up. The mental energy that is drained over an obsession.

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin,
you who are spiritual
should restore him gently.
But watch yourself,
or you also may be tempted.
Galatians 6:1NIV

It is easy to see someone else's "red ball"... restore one another gently.

Supporting Objective:
Morph Into One Restored,
Restoring Others.
In humility.
Labor in Christ.
Travail for someone else.


Then he opened their minds
so they could understand the Scriptures.
Luke 24:45 NIV

I pray also that
the eyes of your heart
may be enlightened
in order that you may know
the hope to which he has called you,
the riches of his glorious inheritance
in the saints...
Ephesians 1:18 NIV

God's Approval Exceeds Approval Of Man. The 6 words I leave with.

We cannot live gray. Beth exclaims that she is "eaten up with Jesus."

She walks throughout the ladies and asks for their 6 words.
I Will Take Care Of Them.
Any Man Makes A Poor God.
More Of Jesus. Less Of Me.
Take My Hand. Don't Let Go.
Run With Me. You Are Ready.
Your Pain For My Freedom, Forever.
There are areas in our lives that need tending to... and it is okay to comfort them... with God's comfort.

Underneath Our Sin To Our Need. (Symptom)

More 6 words from the conference:
With God's Approval You Will Fit In.
Fear Comes From Ego, Not God.
Hear Me My Child. Healing Is Yours.

Soon, sisters... I will be wrapping up my notes from the conference... and I'll be asking you about your "6 Words"... so start thinking about them... it'll be worth it!

2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

The six words are fantastic...all of them...seems kinda like doing crosswords, some people just have a knack for it...I've never been good at them.

vintage at heart said...

I have a good friend going through so much right now, I plan to print this and send to her... with your permission. Thanks for making us always remember to see clearly!