“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, May 21, 2009

feeling self-conscious


It's one of those days when I feel self-conscious about blogging. But I fear that if I don't post today... it will be harder to blog the next day...

So, here I am... just checking in...

I was researching a question in the Bible. I've heard the question from two different people this week. I was not prepared with what I felt to be a convincing answer.

I went to the Word expecting a concrete answer. There wasn't one. It's one of those questions where the answer seems apparent... but is it definitive? As I look at the patterns in the Bible it appears the answer would be obvious. But could I use that in a debate?

And, now, I am wondering if I need all the answers? If God is BIG enough that I don't have to defend Him? If I can be okay with trusting the Lord... taking Him at His word... and being more concerned about why someone might be asking that question than answering it.


I do not hide your righteousness
in my heart;

I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.

Psalms 40:10 NIV

7 comments:

Deborah said...

You have me courious to what the question was!

I'm speaking about me here, so...I think we, as Chrisitans, must have all the answers and if we don't we don't feel that we can effectively evangelize. What happens if someone asks something I don't know the answer to? So I don't evangelize like I should.

But God doesn't want us to have all the answers. Isn't that what Adam & Eve tried to do...be like God and know all? God doesn't want us to know everything. He reveals what we need as we need it. See, right now I'm thinking there is a scripture to back that up but have no idea where to find it without doing alot of research.

The fact that someone is asking questions is always a good thing. God is pricking their heart and maybe they'll keep digging for themselves. And maybe seeing that you, someone they felt comfortable seeking advice from, doesn't have all the answeres, helps them in some way too.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm always asking questions. I don't always get the answers, but I "get" the One who holds them all. One day ... one day, friend, we'll walk in complete understanding. Until then, we wrestle out with him, and sometimes, when we're brave, with humanity.

Lots of love~elaine

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks for stopping by...I will be back with more Disney posts and pictures next week....

just had to take a break and share about little Maggie..life has changed so drastically for this family in a week. Please pray.

gideonmommasita said...

Aren't you a funny one...leaving such a mysterious post! I am not an asker of questions, but I can see how it would be frustrating...oh the blessings you reap when you search and find though...!

Grace said...

I'm with Elaine on this one...(she's so smart).

And I totally understand the 'feeling self-conscious' ~ I think that's slowed done my posts this year. We do go through seasons, eh.

Kentucky Bound said...

Just checking in, catching up and being wonderfully fed by your words.

Thank you again for sharing yourself, inside and out!

Blessings from the creek.

Liz

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Sheri,
Thanks for stopping by. We will never know all the answers until we're in glory with Him. Until that day, we are to keep searching and studying and believing the Word. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi