“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, May 8, 2009

It's That We Won't Need Anything

lush meadows

I am sending this verse to a dear sister of mine... she's going through a lot right now. Sometimes, I think too much... but God knows. I see Him drawing her to Him. I see Him treating her with special care and attention... because she is precious to Him.

Sisters, it's not that we shouldn't want anything... it's that we won't need anything... because God will provide. He will provide a job. He will provide healing. He will provide forgiveness. He will provide relationship. He is the lifter of our head. We are loved. We are precious. We are blessed. Bask in the love today! Breathe it in... and again, and again!

With much love,
sister sheri

Psalm 23
From the Message

1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.

You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.

True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.

Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.

You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.

I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I love this. How beautiful! Hey, you are a winner! If you will email your address, I'll get a necklace in the mail to you. Thanks for always being so supportive.

Ms.Daisy said...

Sister Sheri,
Lovely post. Thanks for always stopping by to see how I'm doing and leaving nice comments. Happy Mother's Day!


~Jean

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

So true, in fact the best and only truth we need. Still and yet, a hard acceptance when life gets messy. Thinking of your friend tonight and the many others who struggle similarly.

Happy Mother's Day...

peace~elaine

Daughter of Zion said...

Lovely post. I hope you have a good mothers day.

bp said...

I love the beautiful flowers you always add to your posts.

I'm glad we serve a God who provides.

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Sister Sheri,
Lovely post! I'm so glad we serve a God who provides! Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Grace said...

Much needed today. Bless your heart.