“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the... Mezuzah

Congratulations to Patti from Emersyn Grace, Our Biggest Little Blessing! She was the first person to comment on the previous post... and she wins a Mezuzah charm purchased in Jerusalem.
Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

1

Patti is a precious young woman that I have attended church with for over 14 years. We met the the first summer I arrived in Portland. I volunteered to teach VBS and Patti joined me as a co-teacher. I was impressed with her heart immediately when I realized she was in her early teens... taking time from her summer to teach the younger children.

I recently asked Patti about why she started blogging...

I started a Xanga blog back in 2004 when I started real estate. It was essentially an online journal of sorts, a place for me to talk about my house listings and also what life was like as a newlywed.

I started my REAL blog back in April of 2008 when we found out we were expecting a baby girl. I originally started it as a way to document the remainder of my pregnancy, and then a way to let my friends and family watch Emersyn grow up via pictures and updates.

But since then I have become an avid blog reader and have been inspired to make my blog much more then a show and tell of my sweet daughter. It is almost a visual way to chart the progress towards becoming a better woman. I have goals and am able to share them and then show how I am working towards them.

I want my blog to be somewhat of a biography of me in a sense when Emersyn is grown up. I want to be a well rounded woman for her to be inspired by. I decided to include more content on my blog, such as a new weekly recipe, new hobbies (like growing tomatoes this summer), etc. Having the blog has challenged me to create more substance in my life.

Through reading other people's blogs and leaving comments, I have inherited some readers who were strangers and now I feel like I have gotten to know them through their blogs. I have several "blog friends" that have kids that are almost the exact same age as Emersyn and so that is fun to see.

I love going to church and having random people say that they read my blog and love seeing Emersyn's pictures. I have some non-Christian friends that read my blog and comment on how "positive" that I am and I hope that can be a witness of God's love and light.
Patti, may God's word always be upon your heart! I am so encouraged to see your love for God, your husband and daughter, parents, family and friends!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Whoo hoo!!! My first contest win!! Thank you Sherrie, I can't wait to see my prize!!

bp said...

I'll have to go visit her!

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
Congratulations on your 300th post! It is a very impressive milestone - God Bless you!



~Jean

Mezuzah said...

Mezuzah is very important mizvah!