“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...make me a fork


"Blogging isn't only about writing;
it's about inducing other people to respond,
either on one's own blog or in another blog.

The macrologue, the big blogging conversation,
encourages bloggers not only to participate
but to hope for an influential role in that conversation
and compete for it." - quote from dummies.com



“Father, make of me a crisis man.
Bring those I contact to decision.

Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork,
that men must turn one way or another
on facing Christ in me.”
- Jim Elliot

4 comments:

a portland granny said...

Ahhhh, JIm--He did have the most profound thoughts for such a young man--really not much more than a boy when he wrote some of his quotes that have been used over the decades.

Your desire to live for the Lord is such an example to all of us, but especially me, as I struggle with my walk right now.

Patti said...

Yay for comments! :) I am going to say "ditto" in regards to this post! :)

smilbran said...

Wow! Now there's a plumb line. Thanks so much for sharing...I will need to meditate on this for awhile :-)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Now that's good writing, good living too! How can it be that some poets say so much with so little? How I pray for such a gifting.

I want to be a fork!!

peace~elaine