“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's on My Bookshelf?


My current read:
Be Sweet by Diann Hunt. So far... so fun. A book about two sisters... Reminds me of Sisterchicks...



Which leads me to my next read... in the wings...waiting to be read: Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn. Yeah! I didn't even know that a new one had come out... and I happened upon it at Powell's Bookstore at Cedar Hills Crossing! Anita, thanks so much for introducing me to this series!


A timely read:
Earlier this month mentioned that she had just read Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry... and how she loves "a good children's book." It peaked my interest since some of my travels this summer will take me very close to Chincotegue Island which I had visited as a little girl.

I had made it through Chapter 7 when my sister (who did not know I was reading it...) informed me that she was given a copy of Misty of Chincotegue by a close friend... who happens to be part of the true familial lineage of the family in the book. Coincidence? I think not!



Today is the day that I start my new Bible Study: Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. When I was ordering the workbook off her website, I noticed her highly recommended book and decided to order the audio version. Lessons I Learned in the Dark: Steps to Walking By Faith, Not by Sight. Let me just tell you that this gal is anointed!




Just finished reading:
Anonymous: Jesus' Hidden Years... and Yours by Alicia Britt Chole. Truly life-transforming book which details the integrity and authenticity brought out of the unapplauded or obscure times in our lives. I'll need to read this book again because I keep needing this lesson over and over... will I ever learn?


So, what are you reading this summer?

3 comments:

Amy Liz said...

This is what I am reading right now...

"Love & Logic Magic for Early Childhood" by Jim & Charles Fay

"All I Need Is Jesus & A Good Pair Of Jeans" by Susanna Foth Aughtmon

...and I will attempt to read...

"Absalom, Absalom" by William Faulkner (the soul is willing, but the brain cells may not comply).

bp said...

I'm reading Words Unspoken by Elizabeth Musser. It was hard to get into it b/c it's different from what I normally read. I have figured out who the different characters are now though so it's easier to read!

I want to read Wild at Heart soon too.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Ravi Zacharias' "The Grand Weaver." Oh my...

peace~elaine

For the record, I've read Alicia's book at least a dozen times. Keep it handy on the nightstand to be my constant reminder, along with Brother Lawrence's "Practicing the Presence of God."