“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, July 13, 2009

Me, Myself & Lies: 5+8=13

But in your hearts
set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared
to give an answer
to everyone who asks you
to give the reason
for the hope that you have.
But do this with
gentleness and respect...
1 Peter 3:15 NIV

Me, Myself & Lies
Week 3, Day 4
A Spirit-Controlled Thought Closet:
Snapshots of the Spirit

Do you ever think that no one is interested in what you have to say? Well, I do. Even with constant affirmation.

Today's study reminds us that the Holy Spirit challenges us to hear, admit, and embrace truth. Hearing truth and admitting truth is not where I lack... it is in embracing the truth. Embracing that there is an answer within me for the hope that I have.

It reminds me of math facts. I have noticed that when Christopher and I are reviewing math flash cards that sometimes he is uncertain as to whether 5+8=13. I try to encourage him to just KNOW that 5+8=13. It just is. There is no doubt. He should just believe it. It is a fact. It is truth.

The truth is... that there is a reason for the hope that is within me. Even when I feel inadequate to speak the words or write the words that are on my heart... God is NOT inadequate. The reason is NOT inadequate.
And that is the truth... and I will rely upon the Holy Spirit to remind me that testifying of God's great love for me... and what I've learned... is NEVER inadequate.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you all things and
will remind you of everything
I have said to you.
John 14:26 NIV

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm learning so much from this study. Just starting week 3 day 1 tonight. Last night we watched the dvd and I was amazed at how much I learned from a passage I've read 100s of times. I think I just might be a hole digger!

elizabeth embracing life said...

One thing I have learned more in thi slast year is to have the confidence to boldly speak of His truths. He gives that to us, and we then try to alter and temper because of our lack of this or that. Great reminder today.

Kristi said...

I am in awe of your honesty and your incredible journey with the Lord who is so diligently showing you His great love for you. You are a blessing!

vintage at heart said...

Yes... you truly are a Blessing to us and a wonderful voice for The Lord!!!