“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sometimes I Keep Better Track of the Prayers He Hasn't Answered...

Now to Him who is able
to do far more abundantly beyond all
that we ask or think...

Ephesians 3:20 NASB


I met her today.

It was a coincidental meeting. She was having lunch with her parents. I went over to say hello to them... not knowing it was her. And her mother introduced us. And we hugged and praised God.

It was the her from the post Reflections from My Garden. It was the her that I had prayed for so fervently. Not having met her, but knowing her affliction intimately... I interceded on her behalf.

And the Lord answered. And it was as if I knew He would.

But what I didn't know was that He would answer it "far more abundantly beyond" I could ever ask or imagine. He didn't just answer it. He super-sized it!

And I am so grateful to God because He destined this coincidental meeting today... as if to remind me to keep on praying and believing. Realizing that sometimes I keep better track of the prayers He hasn't answered... or hasn't answered yet... or to my satisfaction... than those that He has answered and even more so.


I took my troubles to the Lord;
I cried out to him,
and he answered my prayer.
Psalm 120:1 NLT

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

As I read your post from 2 years ago (a time when I was yet unfamiliar with you and with blogging), I am reminded about the providence of God that carries us; blogging is a way of tracing that providence. Your prayers took root 2 years ago; today, you were able to see the fruit of those prayers, and in that seeing your faith grows!

Even when we have to release our prayers to Jesus (like I did with Gail the other day), we can be certain that they're not forgotten. Thanks for all you are doing for the kingdom. It may seem "small", but all of our tiny acts of grace/faith build into an extraordinary monument of living truth!

peace~elaine

bp said...

Thank you for sharing and this reminder.

COUNTRY MOM said...

What a beautiful blog. I have really enjoyed reading it. Many Blessings,