“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, August 1, 2009

101 Things I Want to Do Before I Die

I'm crossing three things off my list!

Last Summer I started a list of "101 Things I Want to Do Before I Die." Three things on my list were:

A weekend with my sister
Girls weekend at the beach
Eat flounder, blue crab, and shrimp!!!!
All three accomplished at the same time. During my trip to Maryland, my sister and I took a road trip to Ocean City. Just the two of us. Four days and three nights.


The weekend with my sister started off with Vera Bradley and Brighton Jewelry.

And from Vera... a beach hat in Lisa's favorite pattern... a Bali Blue Straw Hat which would be perfect for our time on the beach. Happy Birthday, Sis!

We rode bikes on the boardwalk.


Soft crab sandwiches. Crab cake sandwiches.
Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup. Cream of Crab Soup.
Flounder. And steamed shrimp.
Don't forget the sweet corn on the cob,
hush puppies, and Fisher's Carmel Popcorn, too.


And would any trip for me be complete without a little yarn shopping? On the beach even. Lisa was able to find a yarn that she liked and gave me her order.
As you wish!

I enjoyed my trip with my sis so much... that I have decided that these three things will stay on my list... because I want to do them again!

How about you? Do you have a list of things you would like to accomplish? I told you three of mine. Why not tell me three of yours?

5 comments:

Amy said...

I can't think of three things right now, however, I did want to comment on your pics and trip. It has made me miss the East Coast so much! We are heading to NC next summer to be with my whole family. Crab cakes and sweet ice tea here we come!!!

gideonmommasita said...

My mother-in-law did that same trip this summer except she bought quilt fabric!
Three on my list are
learn to surf
visit Haiti
Melanie's spinach lasagna

vintage at heart said...

So much fun!!! The food,the fashion the company...don't get and better than that!!!

Ms.Daisy said...

How wonderful that you and your sister got to spend this time together...I love the pictures, too. Bike riding on the boardwalk - lovely!
I haven't yet written 101 things I want to do, but I have gotten to spend time at the beach with my grandkids from Virginia this summer and that was very special.

Hugs,
Jean

Deborah said...

I've never had a sister to do that type of weekend with. You are blessed and now I'm jealous!