“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

About Three Shelves Up. Again.

Today, I was reading an FB note that my friend had written about hope. It reminded me of this previous post... which... "co in ci den tal ly" was written one year ago tomorrow. Well, you know how I feel about coincidences...

originally aired on August 12th, 2008
About Three Shelves Up.


I forgot to tell you that I lost my hope a while back. But, it's okay, really... I found it. I have to admit that I had stopped looking for it.

And do you know where I found it? In the cupboard next to the sink. About three shelves up. I had added it to a bunch of rocks in a flower display/vase. I took the flower display down... and there it was. So, I hadn't really lost my hope. I just didn't know where it was.

I decided to set it out on my patio table and put some flowers from my garden in the display.

And then it hit me. I really had lost my hope. Each morning I would come out to the garden... and I would be disappointed. It would be gray and cool. Or it would be sunny, but too cold... no humidity. It was just too cold for me to spend time in the garden. Time when I knew the Lord might speak to me. I felt like I was missing out on the best part of summer.

And then God reminded me. His timing is perfect. Even in the garden. There were things I was not ready to hear yet. Things God wanted to speak, but I was not ready to listen. Just like my garden, I had needed a little fertilizer... or a little time to be fallow.

And now, here I am. Ready to weed. Ready to prune.

Ready to reap.

5 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

It's good to know where your hope is even if you forgot where you put it. I love that post. I love that you recycle your posts...you are so clever. Remembering what God teaches us and that he has been our hope, is our Hope and will be our hope is something that is recurrent in our learning/living.

Amy said...

There are honestly times when I feel totally hopeless. Then, I turn around and breathe a prayer to God. I know that while I don't necessarily "feel" hope in the moment, the very fact that I am still calling out to God reveals that hope really is there. EXCELLENT post Sheri...thank you!

vintage at heart said...

Glad you found your Hope and thanks for giving me some when I feel as though maybe mine is rrunning off!!!
Love your lovely display!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Loved it then; love it now.

Hope.

Carrying some in my heart tonight.

peace~elaine

elizabeth embracing life said...

Hope on a stone, imprinted. Very cool how you have found your little stone of hope and can share more of God's timing.