“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Here's what is on my iPod... what's on yours?

Podcasts
Portland Christian Center -
Ray Noah, pastor of my home church and "Macchiato Maniac"

National Community Church -
Mark Batterson, pastor and author of In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day

North Point Community Church -
Andy Stanley, pastor and author of The Best Question Ever

Calvary of Albuquerque -
Skip Heitzig, pastor and author of How to Study the Bible and Enjoy It


Artists and CDs
Mat Kearney - City of Black and White
Brandon Heath - What If We
Travis Cotrell - Jesus Saves Live
Matthew West - Something to Say
Rush of Fools - Wonder of the World and Rush of Fools
The Afters - Never Going Back to Okay

8 comments:

vintage at heart said...

My Family all have iPods... but I am a nerd and do not have one!!!
Enjoyed your playlist however!!!

a portland granny said...

Your list sounds wonderful!! I don't have an ipod, but if one of my grandchildren would show me how to use one, I would get it! I don't know how to download the songs either...so there would be a lot of learning to do!

As I read through your list and clicked on some of them, I can see how nice that would be to turn on no matter where you are.

I was looking at ipods just today and turned away feeling it was just one more electrical mystery to me.

I hope you are feeling better today than when you last posted.

beloved Mama said...

Hey- that's a good idea! Sharing what's on your ipod- good choices :)

gideonmommasita said...

I should listen to more sermons, but I don't think I have any concentration to spare when I'm using my MP3, it is spent on trying telling myself not to quit exercising! There is a lot of Third Day, a few Toby Mac, Cademon's Call and host of others.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well, I wouldn't begin to know how to download a podcast; as for music...

Bebo Norman
Chris Tomlin
Jeremy Camp
Watermark
Meredith Andrews
DJ Coles
Lincoln Brewster
Travis Cottrell
Steven Curtis Chapman
Earth Wind and Fire
Sugarland

How's that for random? My sons are out a "coldplay" concert tonight. Sounds like an ice-hockey move or something. Couldn't name you one song of theirs but am watching my sons march into their "own". Not always an easy letting go. They head for college next weekend. Heaven help me...

peace~elaine

elizabeth embracing life said...

I am amoung the nerds of this world. No ipod, no iphone, i no twitter, and i am fine with that. As long as the I is still me, then technology can pass me by. Hahaha.

elizabeth embracing life said...

p.s. is an ipod the white little flat box people carry with a white ear cord?

Deborah said...

An iPod is on my wish list!