“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, August 24, 2009

Too Busy Not to Pray


I was at the library yesterday... rummaging through the used books they have for sale. For $1 I purchased Bill Hybel's "Too Busy Not to Pray." I am sure it was no coincidence that I stumbled upon it... considering my current memory verse.

I wasn't sure if I would read it... or give it to someone... but I picked it up... and am having a hard time putting it down.

I was tickled over this paragraph about coincidences... since they've been on my mind a lot lately...
Someone has said that when we work, we work, but when we pray, God works. His supernatural strength is available to praying people who are convinced to the core of their beings that he can make a difference. Skeptics may argue that answered prayers are only coincidences, but as an English archbishop once observed, "It's amazing how many coincidences occur when one begins to pray."
Just wondering... if you've been having any "coincidences" in your life lately?

3 comments:

vintage at heart said...

My favorite saying to my frineds and children is "God works in mysterious ways". Even though I know HE has a plan, sometimes we all are reminded that it is HIm and not Us!!! The book sounds wonderful!
I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Deborah said...

It scars me sometimes that we seem to think alike!

Thank you so much for your prayers for my family. It means so much to me.

Just yesterday, as I was passing my brother's house while going to work I said one of those quick prayers...be with them Lord...and then I started crying. It wasn't enough. I realized that often I get too busy to pray and say those quick prayers and God is saying...Hey...I want a discussion with you..not a quick text message in 140 characters or less! We had one yesterday all the way to work. I felt much better afterwards.

Amy said...

"It's amazing how many coincidences occur when one begins to pray." I like that!