“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, August 7, 2009

An Unwarranted Response


The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.

Psalms 118:22 NLT


I've been spending some time thinking about Coincidences. And as I review the situation, I have noticed that my reaction... the raw bitter emotions I spoke of... really seem to be a greater response than warranted. Why would this particular situation evoke such despair? In truth it just doesn't fit.

I have decided to not allow this situation to take the brunt of these raw bitter emotions. Instead, I am taking some time to look at my "thought closet" (from Me, Myself & Lies). I'm asking the Lord to show me... why is it that I have handled this rejection with such a high degree of emotions?

Knowing that God can take this time of reflection... and turn these thoughts into something... well, something beneficial. Something substantial.

Because God has a habit of doing that.

“I think all great innovations are built on rejections.” ~Louis Ferdinand Celine

4 comments:

Deborah said...

How strange that our thoughts are in the same place the last few days. I've had to come to terms with some negative thoughts and through the help of the study, MML, I've been able to get new insight on my reaction and what God wants me to do.

And then this morning, I was reading the Internet Devotions and she mentioned the word "etchings" and I thought about how God writes His Words on our heart and my mind was going into all different directions how etchings (like on headstones) remain for so long. Then I pop over her and see your picture and the etchings you are touching. Kinda of scary and encouraging. God is so cool.

Tammy said...

Praying that you will find that thought serenity with God as the center of your thought closet. Blessings my friend

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well, I'm so sorry for whatever it is. Been there, more times than I care to count.

Praying for God's peace to radiate your thoughts this night.

~elaine

Ms.Daisy said...

Sheri,
I'm sorry that you are going through a rough spot right now. I've gone through those deep depressions,too, and it is when I turn my attention to Him that I find relief. I pray that for you also.

Hugs,
Jean
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi.