“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 27, 2009

With you and me, and the Lord up above, we have security...

Happy 21st Anniversary!

Today, we celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary.

Tears come to my eyes as I listen to Leon Patillo sing the song Security via the amazing technology of iTunes. Our song. That Ray sang at our wedding.

Just a couple of kids. In love. Naive. Giving it a try.

And here we are 21 years later... not so naive... but so in love.

And truly, "You fill my life with so much joy,
I can't even remember how I was before..."


Security
by Leon Patillo

When a man has found a wife,
he has found a good thing for his life,

And the woman will agree:
companionship has made her feel so complete.

With you and me, and the Lord up above,
we have security,
We have security.

You fill my life with so much joy,
I can't even remember how I was before,

And though sometimes we disagree,
you still know that I love you, and you love me.

With you and me, and the Lord up above,
we have security,
We have security.

What God has joined together, let no man put asunder,
Nothing can separate you from me,

I worship and adore you, put no one else before you,
This is my vow to you, my love, through all eternity.

And now, at last, I understand:
our love was made in Heaven, before the worlds began,

And, as we dream as lovers do,
pray that all we hope for will come true.

With you and me, and the Lord up above, we have security,
With you and me, and the Lord up above, we have security,
We have security.

We have security,
With you and me, and the Lord up above,
We have security.

5 comments:

a journey of faith said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow! 21 years?! How wonderful :D

By the way, I just love this photo of you two, very dreamy and lovely....

a portland granny said...

Oh! You were both adorable!! Loved that song--glad you wrote it out as the words are truly meaningful.

I love when a wife pays such a tribute to her husband as you did in your post about Anthony. How blessed you both are to have come through these 21 years stronger in your love for one another and in your walk with the Lord.

May the LORD bless you, and keep you;
   May the LORD make His face shine on you,
         And be gracious to you;
  and lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.'
Numbers 6:24-26

May your year ahead be rich in Him!

vintage at heart said...

Happy Happy 21 years!!!! What an inspiration to the youth of today!!!I LOVE the picture of you two and hope that you have a wonderful anniversary weekend twogether and enjoy many many more!!!
xo
Blessings!

Amy Guerino said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a chance to celebrate somewhere special. Love the wedding photo!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful song and what a great testimony after 21 years.

You asked about the Ester study kit. I actually checked it out from the library at work. I heard that LifeWay was having some kind of special where you buy one kit and get another % off, my mother was telling me about it. Its a great study.