“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, September 28, 2009

What Do You Need?


What do you need?

Do you need to rest?

Do you need peace?

Strength?

Guidance?

Are you afraid?

Do you need protection?

Comfort?

Are your enemies succeeding?

Do you need healing?

Is your cup empty of blessings?

Could you use a little goodness?

How about unfailing love?

Do you know what your future holds?

Well, I have some extraordinary news for you...



The Lord is your shepherd;
You have all that you need.

He lets you rest in green meadows;
He leads you beside peaceful streams.

He renews your strength.
He guides you along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Even when you walk
through the darkest valley,
Do not be afraid,
for He is close beside you.

His rod and His staff
protect and comfort you.

He prepares a feast for you
in the presence of your enemies.

He honors you by anointing your head with oil.

Your cup overflows with blessings.

Surely God's goodness and unfailing love will pursue you
all the days of your life,
and you will live in the house of the Lord
forever.

Psalm 23 (New Living Translation
- edited by sister sheri)

4 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Perfect for our Book Club. Thanks so much. Please say a little prayer as I am leading "A Shephard's Heat Psalm 23. We meet Tuesday evenings in my home and after our first week I can't wait to see what God has in store.

a portland granny said...

Wha a lovely Psalm to wake up to this morning. Loved your paraphrase making it soo personal.

Thanks!

Deborah said...

It never ceases to amaze me how He does provide just what we need, when we need it. I can't post about this openly yet, but I am requesting your prayers (I feel we've become close enough to do that). My job responsibilities have been changing over the past few weeks and I haven't been happy about it. It has been slowly shifting to sales (which I strongely dislike) instead of customer service (which I love). I've been asking God this week to either open new doors within this company or change me to accept and prosper in this new responsibility. Today, my manager opened a door for change, doing basically the same thing I do now, but for larger clients, same money...but no sales! Pray with me that this is where He wants me to be. Thank you, my friend.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Rest in green meadows... that's what I need tonight. Going to find some along with some sleep.

Funny how that Psalm never grows old, stale, or rhetorical!

peace~elaine