“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, October 16, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11



"For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and
not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future." ~ NIV


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and
not of evil,
to give you an expected end. ~ KJV


"For I know the plans I have for you,"
says the LORD.
"They are plans for good and
not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope." ~ NLT


“For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord,
plans for wholeness and
not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope. ~ ESV


'For I know the plans that I have for you,'
declares the LORD,
'plans for welfare and
not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope'. ~ NASB


For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you
-- an affirmation of Jehovah;
thoughts of peace, and
not of evil,
to give to you posterity and hope. ~ YNG


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
saith Jehovah,
thoughts of peace, and
not of evil,
to give you in your latter end a hope. ~ DBY


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
says the LORD,
thoughts of shalom, and
not of evil,
to give you hope in your latter end. ~ HNVpd


I know what I'm doing.
I have it all planned out—
plans to take care of you,
not abandon you,
plans to give you the future
you hope for. ~ MSG

3 comments:

Patti said...

Excellent reminders friend! Thank you!

gideonmommasita said...

That verse is on my living room wall, so very often I have to remind myself what/who is my hope and what/who is my future. It has a different meaning to me now than 15 years ago when my mom did the calligraphy and framed it for me.

Amy said...

This scripture has been on my mind and heart for quite some time now. In fact, just yesterday driving home from Bible study, I found myself reciting it over and over again. Thank you for this post!