“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, October 3, 2009

PROMISE HOPE FUTURE SEEK FIND


My selection of Memory Verses for the next two months are from Jeremiah 29:10-13. These verses are showing up in too many places for me to ignore them.

Maybe you are interested in some words like:

PROMISE
HOPE
FUTURE
SEEK
FIND

I'm excited about memorizing these verses and posting my thoughts about them. If you are new to my blog, stop by here to see what I am up to... 24 Memory Verses in 12 months. Instead of trying to memorize all four verses at once (like that is going to happen!) I've decided to go slow and easy... intentional and deliberate. And of other interest to me is that I'll be finishing up these verses at the end of the Beth Moore study I am doing on Esther... which is one of the places that the verses popped up.

Siesta Scripture Memory Verses 19 & 20 & 21 & 22


10 This is what the LORD says:
"When seventy years are completed for Babylon,
I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise
to bring you back to this place.


11
For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.


12
Then you will call upon me and
come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.


13
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29: 10 & 11 & 12 & 13 NIV

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You picked a good one, Sheri. Hang on to these promises with all your heart. Our God is up to something...

peace~elaine

a portland granny said...

I love that set of verses!! What precious promises...and so appropriate for today's world in which we find ourselves living!

I so admire your discipline in doing this. I tell myself I can't memorize anymore, and I don't even try.

I may try--one of my contemporaries shared she was having a hard time with memorizing, so has gone back to the King James for her memory work and is finding she is having an easier time with that. I am going to try that since all of the verses I know in my heart are in KJ.

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
Thank you for being such a beautiful and wonderful person.
Love,
Cassie