“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, November 13, 2009

Anonymous


I read Alicia Chole's Anonymous earlier this year... full well knowing that I would read it again... and most likely again. I passed it on to my friend, Sheila. When she was done reading it, she said, "Sheri, I know what Bible Study we're doing this winter break."

The women's Bible study I attend takes a break two times a year. Over summer and over Christmas. And I understand that. I get that. There is sooo much going on. Especially at our church which does an amazing Christmas Performance that is breathtaking every year.

But I have found for me... I have to stay in a study. Year round. Some might suggest that I could stay in the Word for the 49 days between Bible Studies on my own. But I have examined myself and found that I need structure. So, I pick a study... and now I have been inviting others to join me.

This year, it is Anonymous. And I cannot wait. The women that join me are precious jewels who realizing it or not... hold me accountable... not only to the study, but to being authentic.

And besides all that... Elaine at Peace for the Journey, my dear bloggy friend and mentor recommended it to me. (See her recommendation for Anonymous.)

So, here's my invitation to you... JOIN ME! We'll be meeting once a week to review what we read and the study guide. We'll also get to watch a session of Alicia on DVD each week. Contact me for more details if you live in the Portland area.

If you're not able to join me for the study... I encourage you to read the book. I'll be giving you glimpses into my thoughts throughout the study. I'm looking forward to the journey.

5 comments:

bp said...

I read another of her books and really enjoyed it. That's a good idea to continue with the studies on your own. I do one and then take a break and do something else, like read through a book of the Bible on my own, instead of doing a study with it.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You'll be blessed. I found that doing it again with others, helped the truths really sink in. I'm currently reading her newest devotional, "sacred conversations" as my nightly close-out before heading off to bed. Love it as well.

peace~elaine

Tammy said...

I will be reading the book..since I am a bit far from Portland..hehehe but if I was close I would be there in a heartbeat...I to am like you I need to be in the word daily or I get in trouble.

blessings my friend
Tammy

PS thanks for the surprise..I have so enjoyed it

vintage girl at heart said...

I am too far away but I am going to read the book and follow along on your blog.
Blessings always!

Lisa said...

Hi! I found the book Anonymous: The Unrecognized Riches in the Uncelebrated Seasons of Life by Alicia Britt Chloe which was published in June 2006. Is this the same book? What year was this title published? Thanks sissy!